Fighting to Protect our Clients Future
Baumgartner Law Firm in Houston, Texas
Immediately after a very serious accident involving an 18-wheeler or other commercial vehicle, the trucking company or its insurer often dispatches a rapid response team to investigate the truck accident with an eye toward shifting responsibility to the injured victim or others for causing the accident. It is not uncommon for their attorneys and experts to be at the scene of an accident within hours of the accident and often even before
- Truck driver fatigue
- Truck driver error
- Violations of trucking regulations
- Jack-knife accidents and rear-end accidents
- Negligent maintenance
- Speeding trucks
- Improperly loaded trucks
We Help Victims
Our 18 wheeler accident attorneys help seriously injured persons seek maximum compensation for their injuries from car and truck accidents. We also prosecute wrongful death lawsuits against truck drivers and trucking companies to help survivors who’ve lost family members.
Regulation of Trucking Companies
Federal and state regulations of trucking companies are broad and cover every aspect of trucking on our highways. These regulations provide a minimum level of conduct of both the truck driver and the trucking company. It is imperative that your 18-wheeler accident lawyer understand trucking regulations and how they relate to proving the cause of the accident. Texas has adopted the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations which govern the actions of trucking companies.
Early Investigation Is Important
In a serious truck wreck, it is very important that an investigation by an experienced truck accident attorney begin as early as possible before critical evidence is lost. Most 18-wheelers have on-board computers containing critical data about the truck’s speed, braking, and other activity helpful to the case and should be preserved in most instances. The condition of the truck itself can provide damaging evidence if the truck itself was not well-maintained, such as a truck with bad brakes or otherwise out of service.
Why Hire Greg Baumgartner?
- AVVO® attorney rating of 10.0 which is the highest you can receive
- Received highest rating for ethics and legal skills AV RATING-®
- Life Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum® & (Less than 1% of U.S. attorneys)
- Martindale - Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers TM (Less than 5% of U.S. attorneys)
- Two time Who’s Who Honoree
- 25 year track record of success in high profile multimillion dollar truck accident injury and wrongful death cases
- Quick Response Truck Accident Team